Monday, October 19, 2009

Out of my hands

Okay, I dropped the mask off with the recipient yesterday, so the remainder is out of my hands. She and her parents are going to do some foam padding, some paint and glue some ribbons into it to tie it on, so I'll definitely be getting pictures of the finished project. Here are the last few pictures of the mask before I left it. *Sniffle* I'll miss that mask.

This is the visor we'll have taped in there. It's made of a clear report cover with some automotive window tint film applied to it. It's cheap, easy, makes a good color and is flexible enough to be taped into place. For larger projects where I have a lot more time to work, I would still prefer to do a bent piece of tinted acrylic, but this is a great solution for a quick fix.


And there's our Revan! The mask fit her pretty much perfectly, I have to say. If I had it to do over, I would've made the chin a bit longer to allow for more movement of the mouth inside the mask, but it isn't bad as it stands. I'm so excited to see it with paint on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment