Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shopping Trip

I found a sculpture supply store in Denver last week and made the trip out there yesterday. It's a small place and it's in a bit of a skeevy-looking area, but they're an authorized distributor for Smooth-On products so it was worth a look. They're only open 10-5 M-F so it was tough to get up there before they closed, but I made it. I picked up my trial-sized pack of Oomoo 25 and brought it home. I haven't actually used it yet, but I'm pretty excited. I'm going to use it with the gothic sort of candle, I think. The more complex candles are probably very well-suited to the detail the Oomoo can capture, but I've also already got molds done for them. What I may do is wait until I get a successful candle out of the white-silicone mold I made before using the Oomoo. If the candle doesn't turn out like I want it to, I can just make the mold with the Oomoo and get the candle that way. The cheap way of making the mold would probably be perfect with the gothic mold, since it's so simple and smooth. We'll have to see how it all works out, but I think it'll be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment