Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Video!

The other day, I took a video of me making a wand, more or less from start to finish. Ish. As close as I could manage before the memory card on my camera pooped out, anyway.

So here's part 1:


And here's part 2, which is all the sanding:


So there you go. Everything you ever wanted to know about using the lathe in all the wrong ways.

The Hogwarty party for which I was making so many wands was a roaring success and I had a ton of fun. Everyone seemed to enjoy the wands and all, which was cool. Here are some pictures of how the basement turned out:

That's the faux fireplace we built around the TV down there. I think it turned out very well.

This is the quidditch set we put together. The broom is one of mine and the little bat is one of mine as well. They did such a great job on the chest!

These are all the wands I'd made as party favors. People really seemed to like them, which was cool. Even got me to talking with a guy whose parents live across the street from the Webbers. He's actually going to school to learn fine woodworking and just finished a couple semesters of turning classes. Awesome stuff!

The bookshelves were one of the easier things we did, but i think they turned out very well. Just wallpaper with some wooden frames around them.

Okay, that's it for now. More pics and everything later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment