Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween: Complete

Halloween was a pretty big success. I got my coat and walking stick completed, got Jenna's skirt and jacket completed and got our friend's mask as done as I could. I'm going to refinish it for her. I may do another coat of resin on the outside to help smooth out the imperfections. I'll be sanding, priming, painting, etc as well. Now that I'm not up against a deadline, I can really spend some time being picky about it and making sure I like it. I could honestly even just re-glass the thing if doing the rest of it turns out to be too much of a pain.

So my next projects are finishing the mask and getting some work done on bow-making. I'm going to run a simple class on making bows from lumber. I'm going to have to make a complete one for myself to make sure I know how to do it, then make several other bows to various stages so I can run my class without getting to the "and now the glue dries" stage. I'll be taking lots of pictures of everything while I'm working on it, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment