Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pictures of my...no, I can't do it.

So here is where I'll show you the different phases of the glowing orbs I'm using to top my cane. Here they are, in no particular order:

This is the clear UV ball with the UV LEDs underneath in their reflective harness. This is also in near-total darkness, as I'm sure you can see. The reflective setup really makes a difference with having the ball glow more or less uniformly. You'll notice you can't see the beams of light going through the ball at all. Success!


This is the same ball lit up in regular lighting. Actually it's a bit brighter than that, but still. You can see a bit of a blue glow to the ball, but not much of one. The really great thing with this ball is that it will glow bright white when exposed to flash photography, so that's neat.


Here's a quick shot of what the ball looks like when you take a picture of it with a flash. Pretty cool, huh?



This is the ball in regular no lights style. Still looks very cool. I think it's a winner.


This is the white ball in regular lighting. you can see how freakin' bright it is even with lots of ambient light. This is a 4-LED setup with a tiny tiny 12-volt battery in the harness. Sweet. I'm tempted to do this with the UV ball as well, just to pump more light into the ball. We'll see.


This is the ball lit up in a dark room. Very cool and very bright. You can easily use it to see your way down a darkened path or read a map or something. very handy, very cool looking. I just wish I could get the exact same ball without all the gouges and blemishes.


This is where this ball fails, basically. It just doesn't look quite cool enough when it's turned off.



Well there you are! You can see what I saw and hopefully come to the same conclusions I did. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment